Start and End of Day Procedures
Start of Day Procedures
- Younger children need to be supervised by a parent or carer until they are safely in school.
- Breakfast Club starts at 8am every morning.
- Before 8.40am, unless they are in Breakfast Club, we cannot offer supervision and all younger children should be supervised by a responsible adult. We thank you all for helping us to keep our children safe.
- The doors open to children at 8.40am and all children are expected to be in school by 8.50am.
End of Day Procedures
- All children in the infants MUST be collected by an adult known to the school.
- The front gate will not open to parents until just before 3.15pm.
- Children in Reception, Year 1, 2, 3 and 4 will line up behind their teachers in designated areas. This will allow teachers to ensure children leave school with the correct adult.
- As they are more independent, children in Year 5 and 6 will be taken out to the front of the school with their teacher. They will then be allowed to go when they can see their parent/carer.
- We need written permission for any child to walk home by themselves. Following national guidance, we strongly recommend that only children in Years 5 and 6 should walk home alone. A list will be given to school staff indicating if your child can walk alone, should you decide to change these arrangements it is your responsibility to inform the school office.
- If an adult other than the usual parent/carer is collecting a child, the school needs to be informed by 2pm (unless there is an emergency).